Layla is a support character focused on shielding her allies from harm. However, her kit is interesting because it plays similarly to a sub-DPS. Her constellations also play into this troupe, so if you value knowing a bit about them, you've come to the right place. Here's everything you need to know about the overall value of Layla's Constellsations.
Layla Constellations Value
Layla constellations focus on empowering her shields and providing herself extra damage off her shield's offensive effects.
- Fortress of Fantasy - Her C1 provides stronger shields for her allies without extra investment. Not much more to say about it. It is nice to have, but far from worth having even as a C1.
- Light's Remit - This constellation seems nice, but the reality is that is not really worth obtaining. The issue here is that Layla's burst already has an extremely low energy cost at 40, meaning the extra energy obtained from her C2 is pretty much not needed, especially if you're using a second cryo character already.
- Secrets of the Night - Pretty straightforward: boosts the strength and HP scaling of her Elemental Skill's shields. Considering her shields are already plenty strong out-the-box, this C3 is more of an extra perk than a valuable one.
Related: Genshin Impact Thoma farming guide
- Starry Illumination - This constellation is ok. It isn't anything special, and while it may sound amazing for characters that rely on Normal or Charged attacks, understand that, in most cases, the amount of damage gained from this C4 will range between 1000-2000. The extra damage is extra damage, though. Is it worth investing to get? Iffy at best.
- Stream of Consciousness - A throwaway constellation that provides minor benefit. Not worth investing in at all.
- Radiant Soulfire - This C6 allows Layla to become a reasonable sub-DPS alongside her excellent shielding and cryo application roles. The damage boost this provides is significant enough to consider. Would we say it's worth the investment to get her C6? Well, that depends if you're willing to be at the mercy of gacha. She is a 4*, so you're never guaranteed to roll her, making investment costs range from minor to massive just to reach this constellation.
What are Layla's best Constellations?
Layla's C6 is easily her best. Her other constellations are... not amazing. They don't provide enough of anything to make a real difference in the long run. On the one hand, she's quite F2P friendly for this reason. On the other, getting her C6 requires pure luck. If you get it, you'll see a big improvement in her personal damage, but remember that damage is not her main role anyway. Still, her C6 is the one worth obtaining.
Should I pull for Layla's Constellations?
Honestly, no. We don't think Layla's Constellations are worth investing in at all. She is perfectly serviceable right at C0. Her value comes from her shielding and cryo application, which she has plenty of without her constellations. Save your Primogems for a future character.
What is Layla's best weapon?
As Layla is a 4*, she has no signature weapon. However, her best weapon is Nilou's Key of Khaj-Nisut. This is because her entire kit synergizes perfectly with the weapon's mechanics, providing massive amounts of HP, which buffs everything about Layla. Is it worth giving Layla Key of Kkaj-Nisut? Well, the odds that you pulled Nilou's signature weapon without Nilou herself is low, but if you did, it is completely worth giving her the weapon. No other weapon even compares to the Key on Layla.
Fore more content on Genshin Impact, check out How to take all photos in the Genshin Impact Outside the Canvas, Inside the Lens Greenery Chapter event, right here on Pro Game Guides.